Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Healthy eating on a budget!

Bee coz I...get paid monthly and I am the sole household provider towards the end of my pay cycle I have to get more creative with my meals!

Pitta pizza are a great low cost healthy option but if you are cooking just for yourself you have to have them a couple of days in a row as the pittas only have a short shelf life.

One these little bad boys I put tomato paste (from a tube keeps for weeks) spinach, zucchini, tomato, hallumi and Parma ham with the fat cut off, then whack them in the oven for 10-15 mins, you can grill but remember to grill one side first then turn over and dress!

Can't remember if I said I had a great time at fire extinguisher training? Well it was great, we got to put out a stove fire with a fire blanket and then again with an extinguisher, way to much fun to be educational!!!

Stay tuned to see what miracle I whip up for dinner tomorrow :)

B:porridge
L:beans on toast
D: pitta pizza

Snack small handful of nuts from my bestie Bel in work's nut jar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment