Saturday, October 8, 2011

Spicy Red Lentil Soup

Bee coz I....have the slow cooker cranked up with a batch of spicy red lentil soup my house smells delish!

Here is the recipe, it's easy, cheap, healthy and delish....

1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 Lt of veggie or chicken stock
Two teaspoons of chilly paste
1/2 cup of chopped spring onions
1 teaspoon of crushed garlic or fresh
1 1/2 cups of red lentils

Bung it all in the slow cooker (see pick of uncooked soup) on high for 4 1/2 hrs or low for 6 - and enjoy!

Well in other news I am feeling so much better and spent the morning spring cleaning- boring but rewarding!

I might go for a walk after dinner, then I'm off out.

By for now Bee

Friday
B:porridge
L:beans on toast
D:ham and salad wrap (I'm addicted)

Saturday
B:semolina
L:toast with hummus
D:omelet and yoghurt

No comments:

Post a Comment