Sunday, August 5, 2012

Top of the hill!

Bee coz I...decided to get a bit of hill work in yesterday (just walking), I was surprised by three things...

1. My lungs and fitness are increasing - I got up a hill that I normally allow myself to have three stops on without stopping.
2. My new hike shoes really are waterproof - they just don't look like they are - I was forced to paddle on a few occasions as the track was really boggy on the decline.
3. I got lost! It's only a small area but the signs are not clear and some must have been burned in the last bush fires, it was my first time going up that track and I got totally disorientated, my phone battery was low too so i couldn't look at my gps!

I really enjoyed the walk and it was a good challenge, it was also nice to have the sun on me as I was peeling off the layers (thermals and t-shirt) and ended up in my singlet.

I'm off round the big lake this morning with a new victim, I just hope the weather holds out again today.

Bee

Sat:
B:fruit
L:bacon buttie and I spoonful of Billy's baked beans
D: spicy chicken stir fry - my lips are still burning!

No comments:

Post a Comment