Tuesday, April 10, 2012

An awesome long weekend

Bee coz I...went with my buddy Chris camping, I got to have a great weekend of nature filled adventures.

Day 1:
We went up to a place called Buchan and set up my new awesome tent, it was about a 4.5hr drive from home and we took our time to get there. The first arvo we spent exploring the camp and checking out surroundings.

B:weetabix honey and milk
L:2 slices of raisin toast
D: sprout, broccoli, parma ham and feta omelets, yoghurt and fruit.

Day 2:
After breakfast we visited the Royal Cave, it was beautiful. We then headed off in the 4WD up to the snowy mountains. It was mad, we first came to a place called little river falls, we took a short walk to the falls which were beautiful and then decided to cross the river back up to the car, it was safe but one wrong move and we would have been in the drink. Chris was funny building me bridges to cross the bits that were too big for me to jump across, we had such a laugh and felt like true explorers until we realized we had an audience then I felt like I was about to become a funniest home video star!

Next we traveled along a road (looked like a goat track) and my stomach churned and legs wobbled as we squeezed past other 4wd's next to a sheer drop. The gorge we got to made it worth it, it was the deepest gorge in Victoria ( or Australia?). Then after a quick stop for a bush wee with a view we arrived at a long wooden bridge, I jogged over it, couldn't resist it plus it looked safer than being in the car!
Then after a LONG drive with funny conversations we got back to camp ate and hit the sack.

B: bacon butties and fruit
L: wholemeal butties with feta, ham and salad and fruit
D:yummy salad with chicken and mushroom sausages

Day 3:
Got up and dropped the tent, hit another cave (my fav) and headed back to Melbourne, traffic was hideous so we hit the back tracks and I got to drive - I like driving the 4wd. Stopped off for a quick lunch then jumped back on the fwy until we past my favorite lake, we finished the day with a walk around the lake (to work of the naughty but nice treat we had with lunch and a big breakfast).

B: left over chicken and mushroom sausages, bacon, egg and bread plus fruit.
L: small salad sandwich with 1/3 of an apple cake (Chris ate the other 3/4 for me)
D:chicken and veggies

It was the best weekend away, full of good food, laughs and adventures. Poor Chris had another 8hrs of driving until he got home. I was in bed by 9.45 and slept like a log!

Xx Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment