Monday, April 2, 2012

I'm a fun runner

Bee coz I....have always had a dream to do a fun run, I got to tick that of my list of things to do as I did my first ever fun run on the weekend.

If you ignore the fact that my training was set back with that two week cold and chest infection I got, and the fact that after 1 week (2 1/2 runs) my chest infection got worse, and the fact that I was at the doctors the day before the run and I'm back on antibiotics for two weeks and on all sorts of puffers. I did well!

My only goal was to finish, there was a lot of zigzagging round walkers prams and slower joggers than me ( didn't think they existed) it was a 5.2km run and my GPS showed that I ran 5.5km from all the weaving.

My time was only a bit quicker than I had run 6.3km in the past when well but never mind - I did it, well we did it, me and my mates bronchitis, sinusitis and my one swollen tonsil (both tonsils took part but only one was swollen)

This was the pic of me post race!

Have fun

Bee x x

No comments:

Post a Comment