Saturday, May 5, 2012

Internal conflict

Bee coz I....couldn't find a picture for this post, and could not possibly do a post without a picture, I have popped in one of the cave shots from my Easter camping trip. It's not the best as the flash does not work because it reflects of the water on the walls and it comes out crap. This cave is called the fairy cave - not hard to imagine why


Back to the post ...

Internal conflict is something I battle on a daily basis, the biggest battle of all is between the lazy side of my brain and the motivated side. Lucky for me the motivated side wins about 90% of the time (with the exception of house work then the odds are reversed)

I will share with you a few examples of how this works on a daily basis.

I lay in bed in the morning imagining ways to invent a space like toilet contraption that would operate a bit like a vacuum so that I would not have to get up and go to the toilet (lazy brain) then when I do get out of bed (often around 5.30 to 6am) I go to the loo then think nothing of putting a load of washing on then going for a 3km walk or run(motivated brain) then jump back into bed an hour later as if nothing has happened.

When I go to the shops I feel miffed if I have to park more than 50m away from the door and begrudge the walk to the door but 20 minutes later(fast shopper) I'm excited to be driving to the lake to walk 6.3km.

The brain is a very curious beast and as long as the motivated brain keeps winning I'll be happy to deal with the conflict - bee

B:fruit and weetbix
L:avo sanga and too spicy zucchini soup
D:BLT wrap and 6 chips and diet poison (coke)
S: half a small donut

- not my finest day lol

No comments:

Post a Comment