Thursday, October 18, 2012

Walk/ride to work day 2012

Bee coz I...like to walk and don't like to ride, I took advantage of my new expensive hike sock (to ashamed to tell you how much they cost) and walked to work yesterday.

It was a nice walk with a few hair raising moments, mostly when the path ran out and I had to walk down the medium strip on a very busy rd.

Just as the sun was coming up I decided to hit the bike track (I stuck to the main rd while it was dark) it was like a trip down memory lane, past our old house and the way I walked to school, places I hung out at high school - it was nice. Then I hit a new section where I had never walked before. Then I joined the road I usually walk to work on.

I was glad to be in meetings most of the day as my legs had had enough. I can feel that I pushed my sore foot a bit but no new blisters with the new socks, might invest in one more pair with the voucher I won for walking the biggest distance to work.

I'm off to Tassie again tomorrow for my friend Bel's 40th birthday weekend and my nephew Alex's birthday too! I will be eating some naughty stuff there so will spend the next week atoning for my caloric sins.

Well must go as I'm still in bed and my bladder is about to burst!

Bye for now Bee

B: apple, banana, roll
L:miso soup, 2 hand roles 1/2 sandwich and fruit muffin
D:2 steamed dim sims low fat ravioli

1 comment:

  1. congratulations well done shame you have to spend you winnings on socks

    ReplyDelete