Sunday, October 23, 2011

I've started so I'll finish

Bee coz I...needed to do something after receiving one of those sad phone calls from overseas when for that split second you are excitedly surprised to hear from a relative then you hear the split second silence and know its one of those not good news calls.

When you live to far away to be helpful and in a totally different time zone and not sure you can even believe that you won't ever see a person again there is not much you can do.I thought I'd go for a nice long walk somewhere nice rather than mope around so off I went.

It was spitting but I have wet weather gear so I donned my hike boots, weather proof jacket (has no hood!) beanie and quick dry hiking pants off I went to a beautiful lake about 15 mins away with lots of walking tracks. I planned out a 8km route and off I went. About 2km in it started bucketing down, I could have turned back but that would be like quitting and the bush is nice in the rain as you smell the eucalyptus and there is far more animals out and about, 12 kangaroos and lots of parrots were my return for walking in the wild rain.

Towards the end of the walk the water was just running down my face, my pants were drenched and stuck to me, my beanie was wet through but my feet and chest were nice and warm and dry. I also realized about 7km in that I had forgot my ear phones, I always walk with music but I had not thought about it the whole way around the giant lake. It was a nice walk and if it's dry tomorrow I might do another lap.

At the end of the walk I spotted three frogmen coming out of the lake with their tanks and fins I didn't expect that! Maybe they were checking the dam walls? I also came across this bench but decided not to stop for a rest :)

Bee

B:diet shake
L:ham and salad wrap
D:a small packet of veggiemite chip butty and a cider (not joking and it was naughty but nice)

No comments:

Post a Comment