Sunday, June 24, 2012

Birdsland to Lysterfield Lake and Back

Bee coz I....woke up and saw that the rain had stopped, I decided to go on a walk from one favorite lake to another. I had mapped it out and figured it was about 19km round trip on the fire trail tracks (not a bad guess as it was 21.3km) I wanted to do it in about 4.5hrs as I was in my hike boots due to the mud. I did it in 4hrs and 25mins with no stops on the clock.

It was a good walk, there was lots of damage evident from the rain and winds we have had over the last few weeks. Every where you could see grass that had been flattened by run off. Had to paddle across a couple of big puddles but two days of no rain and it will be all gone.

I saw lots of roo's but no wallabys, in fact I was surprised I saw so many kangaroos on the Birdsland side of the walk.

My legs a feet are already sore as my old hike boots are very heavy and solid so I walk in a different way and can now feel parts of muscles that are very angry with me. Will need to invest in a new pair of bimble boots.

Today I will have to visit the hydro pool to say sorry to my feet and legs! And tomorrow is a date with the scales for a progress check. All my clothes feel the same so I'm not expecting much change one way or the other.

Bye for now - Bee

B: whole wheat pancakes with honey and green tea
L: 2 boiled eggs and a mandarin
D:roast beef, veggies and onion gravy.
S: tiny sausage roll and a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment