Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 265 - weathering the storms

Bee coz I...have been a bit distracted and not posted this might be a long one. It's been a crazy week with it's big ups and some downs, but like everything I try to see something positive in every situation.

I'll start with the downs...
Someone who I respected and considered family and who I had tried to help and support through a difficult time really disappointed me this week.

They chose fight dirty, attacking people I love through word (via legal documents)in order discredit their character, I believe, to meet their own needs but she will say it's to meet the needs of another.

If that person truly believes what they have written then maybe they deserve my pity not because what they have written is true but because they believe it is true. It's very sad really.

What can be the positive in that - I hear you ask?

There are many...
I have had the opportunity to remind my twin brother what an amazing daddy he is. His ability to stay calm and strong and stay true to his values in order to secure his sons rights to see and have a relationship with his dad amazes me. Words written have hurt him but he chooses not to lower himself because he loves his son too much to do that.

I have been reminded that my mum and dad have never wavered in their support for me and my brother. They have guided us to become the people we are today. Over the years they have weathered a few storms with us, never jumping in to rescue us (although dad has had to do the odd sprint to catch Ian from falling out of a tree and the odd race home from work to dislodge a finger stuck in a trolley handle- that was me)  but rather teaching us to swim for ourselves. It's an amazing life lesson and I can't thank them enough for it.

It has also made me reflect on how lucky Rod (Billy's dad) and I are that our friendship stayed strong against all the odds. Maybe it wasn't all luck we have worked on it, resulting in a beautiful blended family of me, Billy, Rod, Tracy, Jorja and their new bubba that's due in September.

Now for the ups...

Had a call from Jorja last night (she is two) she wanted to know where her brother Billy was, so he said hello on loud speaker, she gabbled a bit, pressed a few buttons then hung up!  She is so funny.

Went to a conference with my work mate Libby, jam packed with awesome speakers and inspiring people. It was a long day but well worth it!
Finally my cold has shifted so looking forward to a run with Jane tomorrow and maybe a bit of boxing.

And best of all I have eaten well throughout it all think I have finally broken the link between eating and comfort! 

Night all, thanks for listening - Bee

PS Connie is still AWOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment