Friday, July 6, 2012

On the road again!

Bee coz I....often have to squeeze my exercise in before work, in winter it is pitch black when I go out and hit the road.

I had been running in the dark at the duck park and bike track but I had a couple of near misses with bikes and one case of a spooky guy just standing watching, so I decided I had to do something different for winter. I am not supposed to run on concrete pavements but can run on roads so I get up extra early 5.30am-6am ish and the road in front on my house becomes a running track, there is more lighting than on the bike track and it's less isolated.

What about cars? Well I seem to live in an area with older people so the streets are fairly dead between 5-7am. I run towards the traffic so if and when I see a car I hop up on to the nature strip sometime I see the bin man but he knows I'm there as I wave to him (he is good looking for the record).

The pic shows how light it was when I finished my run this morning. It was very foggy but not so chilly.

Tonight I was invited out to my friend Andrea's birthday. I knew I was going so did not snack all day and kept my food intake down so I could enjoy my meal. I had my usual Bombay bliss. It's a wood fired thin pizza base with tandoori chicken breast, spinach and rita and I ask for less cheese - delish!

Happy birthday to my friend Andrea x x

Planing a walk tomorrow as I have the day off, fingers crosses the weather is kind.

Night all bee x x
B:weetabix - no honey just light milk
L:cucumber sandwich, yoghurt and fruit
D:Bombay bliss :)

2 comments: