Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 14- a blast from the past.

Bee Coz I…. had three drinks of diet coke last night I found it hard to sleep, then woke up at 5am, and bee coz I had eaten too much cheese last night I threw in a Zumba class as well as my planned water aerobics and body balance.

This morning was like a comedy of errors, first I got to Zumba with about 0 Seconds to spare because I could not fine my runners, and then I remembered they were in my car. Second I came home after class ripped my clothes off (well not literally) to put on my bathers and realized they were also in the car, so I had to put back on my stinky gym gear and go back out to the car. Then I turned up to water aerobics half an hour early. At least body balance went well!

Connie was missing in Action from water aerobics, i found out later she was at a day spa! well la de da (good on you Connie for treating yourself!)

Today I bumped into an old friend on face book, Paul. When I lived back in Brittan, I lived on a small Island, he lived on the mainland and used to come and stay with his brother, step mum and dad in the school holidays, a few doors down from my house.

We were besties and enjoyed summer holidays together from about the age of 8 to about 13, I was sad I never got to say good bye Paul as we left for Australia two weeks before summer holidays started, the year I turned 14. His step mum promised to tell him where I had gone, and she did.

Paul and I loved hanging out and telling silly stories together, when I was 10 (I think he may have been 11) he said probably one of the nicest things that any one has ever said to me, but first I have to let you know that there was a British TV show called Worzel Gummidge, it was about a scarecrow who used to come to life who befriended two kids and had adventures with them, he had a femme fetal called Aunt Sally, who was a fairground doll that also came to life. Weird but funny show!

Anyway we were sitting in a field opposite our houses when he turned to me and said “If I was Worzel Gummidge, would you be my Aunt Sally?” and I said “yes” we held hands where ever we went and he called me Sally and I called him Worzel. One holidays he brought me over a pencil that was pink and had Aunt Sally figure on the top so I would remember I was his Aunty Sally. Lol

And today I sent him a messaged when he commented on something that I had commented on and half expected him not to remember me, Paul wrote back “Yeah I remember u, moved to Australia. I remember being gutted when I went back there the year after and you had gone”

How nice is it to remember real friends like that, friends you had that you went six months without seeing each other and it didn’t matter no fights just lazy summer fun. How good is Face book that we can bump into these friends while on opposite sides of the world, and fill each other in on the last (too many) years in just minutes.

Well that a trip down memory lane for me,

Bee (Aunt Sally)


B’fast: veggie juice, fruit and cereal
Lunch: Smoked salmon, capers and light cream cheese on soy and linseed bread and a banana.

Dinner: Garlic mushrooms and asparagus (asparagus never made it to the plate I ate it)

No comments:

Post a Comment